So the other night. I wanted something good but cold because well...in Arizona right now it's already HOT outside. No Bueno! But I thought a pasta salad would be perfect. Can't screw those up too much right? I went on a search but wasn't seeing anything just right for what I wanted to do so I started going with my gut. IT WORKED! It worked so well we ended up eating the leftovers for two days after....YUM! I seriously gotta make this again!
Doesn't that look good? oh my goodness it was so good. Now my husband is NOT an onion fan so the green onion I had to add onto my bowl at the end and trust me it adds some perfect flavor to it.
So to start out I cooked the pasta and the chicken so it could all cool off before mixing everything together and me being a mommy of 2 I had to also take care of my girls while cooking. My oldest kept telling me she was "a little bit hungry" so she finally asked for a pear and I gave it to her. In her words "It's so sweet and sticky".
Yes it's hard to deny that cute face anything!
So guess what I added into the pasta...I added cucumber, zucchini, avocado and hard boiled egg! YUMM! I always wait for the reaction of my husband to know if it's really good or not..and he will eat just about anything but when he devours it I know it's REAL good and well....this pasta salad was REAL GOOD! So after it was all said and done i was able to sit down and enjoy a glass of wine after being satisfied by a tasty meal.
CHICKEN PASTA SALAD
2 Chicken Breasts
1 box of macaroni
2 small zucchinis
1 whole avocado
4 hard boiled eggs
1 1/2 cups mayo
2 tbsp mustard
4 dashes red wine vinegar
salt, pepper, and paprika to taste
green onion garnish
1. Grill up your chicken and cook your pasta to start so that it has a chance to cool. Season your chicken on each side with salt, pepper and a little bit of garlic powder before grilling. Depending on how big your chicken breasts are cook them on each side about 5-10 minutes.
2. I usually try to keep hard boiled eggs on hand (they are a quick and easy snack for this mommy) but if you don't boil your eggs..make sure the water is about a inch about the eggs, bring it to a boil and then put a lid on it, turn heat off and leave it for 10 minutes.
3. While those are cooking cut up your cucumber and zucchini in to quarters and then dice up your avocado.
4. Then mix up your mayo, mustard and red wine vinegar. Add this and your veggies into a big bowl with your pasta. and mix together. Then add your salt, pepper and paprika to the bowl...this is all to taste. Mix it all really well till it's to your desired flavoring.
5. I add the chicken at the very end. You can either do slices and add it on top of your pasta or dice it up so that you can mix it all together with pasta and dressings. Then if you love green onion like I do garnish your plates with it.
P.S. this is great left overs for the next couple days too!